Visualize the Area Under a Curve Questions
- January 31, 2022/ Homework Tutors
For this discussion, you will work in groups to visualize the area under a curve using the online graphing tool Desmos. You will use the Desmos applet for a definite integral. To get started:
- First, review the Learn Desmos: Integrals video (desmos 1:51) (Links to an external site.) for a few pointers on using Desmos.
- Then, access the Definite Integral tool (Links to an external site.) from the Desmos site as a guest. You don’t need to create an account or sign in to the site.
Use the Definite Integral tool to explore the area under a curve. Complete the following.
- Replace the default equation with
- First set the limits as and . You may need to zoom in or out to see the graph and the shaded region.
- Then, experiment with a and b both being negative.
- Then, let a be negative and b be positive. Try using the slider and have a and b as decimals.
- Take a screenshot of one of your cases (including the right column of input information and the graph with the shaded region) to post into the discussion.
Find and share the steps you used to get it.