UCDD Chromosomal Genetics Research
- February 05, 2022/ Homework Tutors
Related Research Report (Mitosis, Meiosis, Mendelian Genetics, Chromosomal Genetics, Natural Selection, and Population Genetics)
- Due Friday by 11:59pm
- Points 10
- Submitting a text entry box
Find a recently published (ideally less than one year old) research article that deals with one of the topics from this unit. The article should be published in a peer-reviewed journal. Rather than Google, use the ARC article database search engine to search the journals. The ARC database, and instructions for usage can be found here:
com/discovery/search?vid=01CACCL_LRCCD:arc” class=”external” target=”_blank” rel=”noreferrer noopener”>https://caccl-lrccd.primo.exlibrisgroup.com/discovery/search?vid=01CACCL_LRCCD:arc (Links to an external site.)
You will then write a one page (250-500 word) report on the article that must include the following:
- A summary of the research reported in the article including the general research performed, organisms used, and general methodology.
- A summary, in your words, of how the research in the article connects to the topics covered in class. For example, how did understanding the basic concepts of class help to understand what was done in the article.
- Include the Title, Journal, Researchers, and URL for the article.
- Type. or paste the text directly into Canvas for submission. You can type up your report in Word, or Google Docs first, and then copy and paste into Canvas, but only reports submitted correctly will be graded.
- VeriCite will be checking the submissions for plagiarism, so you can’t just copy and paste from the internet. Doing so will result in a 0 for the assignment and possible referral to administration for disciplinary action.
- Suggestion: Don’t just pick the first article that shows up after a search. Scroll through a bit and see what is out there. It is usually much easier and enjoyable to read and write about a topic that you find interesting.
- Late assignments will not receive credit.