OSU The Advantage of The Functional Organizational Structure Essay
- January 31, 2022/ Homework Tutors
I don’t understand this Management question and need help to study.
Chapter 4: Organizational Capability: Structure, Culture, and Roles.
This chapter describes how organizational structure, organizational culture, project life cycles, and role definitions create organizational capability to manage projects. Provide the below mentioned from chapter 4 (book attached):
- Compare and contrast the advantages and disadvantages of the functional, project, strong matrix, balanced matrix, and weak matrix methods of organization; describe how each operates and when to use each.
- Relate how an organization’s structure influences the implementation of its strategic plan.
- Describe organizational culture elements that are helpful in planning and managing projects and demonstrate how to overcome organizational culture elements that hinder project success.
- Describe different project life cycle models and distinguish when each is appropriate.
- Describe the duties, motivations, and challenges of each of the executive, managerial, and team roles in projects and list important attributes for selecting each.
- Given a project situation, explain ethical behavior consistent with PMI’s Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct.
- Predict the impact of organizational structure and associated culture on individual and team behaviors.
- Predict the impact of organizational structure and associated culture on individual and team performance.