Module 2 Arithmetic Problem Involving Addition or Subtraction Questions
- February 05, 2022/ Homework Tutors
- Correctly report your answer to an arithmetic problem involving addition or subtraction
- Correctly report your answer to an arithmetic problem involving multiplication or division
- Correctly report an answer to a problem in which addition or subtraction and multiplication or division are mixed.
Below you will find several arithmetic problems using measured values. Working through these problems will give you a chance to make sure you understand the rules of arithmetic with measured values. (Links to an external site.) Be sure to submit this discussion by 16 Dec.
Instructions–Solve each problem on your calculator–you need not show individual steps but be sure to report your answer according to the rules. Remember that in addition/subtraction problems (Links to an external site.) you report your answer to the least degree of precision. On the other hand, in multiplication/division (Links to an external site.) problems you report your answer with the smallest number of significant figures in your problem.
After you report each answer, give a one or two sentence explanation of why you reported your answer as you did. You might refer to Module 2 (Measurement in Chemistry) to help you with your explanations.
You can refer to the rubric to see how the discussion post will be graded.
SOLVE THE FOLLOWING PROBLEMS, REPORTING YOUR ANSWER PROPERLY
1. (34.56 cm) * (10.00 cm)*(4.95 cm) = _____________cm3
2. 56.79 cm + 1.458 cm + 116 cm = _____________cm
3. 3410 m + 89.54 m + 11,000 m = ____________m (Consider ambiguous zeros as non-significant)
4. (123.54 cm – 121.91 cm) * (0.5487 cm) = _________________cm2