HCS 465 UOP Healthcare Marketing Paper
- February 04, 2022/ Homework Tutors
HCS/465: Health Care Research Utilization
Wk 4 Individual Assignment: Research Ethics and Validity
- Review ethical principles learned and discussed this week. Using the University Library, locate one current (2010 to present) US-based health or healthcare related peer-reviewed research study with possible ethical concerns. As peer-reviewed, there will be no ethical issues, but consider ethical standards as related to each step in the research process. Be sure it is research study, not an editorial, commentary, news brief or review. The focus should be on the research process, not the specific health or healthcare issue. Consider possible ethical concerns in the research process such as recruitment, sampling, research methodology, data collection or data collection instrument, etc.
You may use a research study you identified in the Week 2 Annotated Bibliography assignment if appropriate, but not the same article used in the Week 3 Team assignment. If so, do not self-plagiarize or copy/paste content from your week-2 assignment.
Do not write about historic unethical research studies, such as Tuskegee Syphilis, MLK Ultra, Henrietta Lacks, etc. as no current record of peer-reviewed original research study.
Write a 500- to 1000-word paper addressing the following:
- Summarize the research study.
- Identify possible ethical concerns related to the research process.
- Explain how these ethical issues or concerns can influence the research outcomes.
- Define validity as it relates to the research study.
- Hint: Review previous learning activities for key validity concepts, including internal and external validity and associated threats to validity.
- Discuss the importance of research design validity and how research bias can impact the validity.
- Hint: Review how research design validity and instrumentation validity are different concepts.
- Discuss how stakeholders can externally influence healthcare research. Include possible ethical concerns.