EC Ethics Ethical Dilemma Discusion
- January 31, 2022/ Homework Tutors
Part I: Ethical Dilemmas
In your opinion.
- Have you experienced an ethical dilemma in a health care setting where one (or more) of the four ethical principles applies? This ethical dilemma can be a personal, professional or even fictional one (i.e. tv or movie). Share this ethical dilemma with the class and describe which ethical principle applies.
Part II: The Terri Schiavo Case
Apply what you know.
The readings provide an overview of four ethical principles while introducing several ethical dilemmas where these principles may apply.
Let’s unpack the ethical dilemma(s) presented in the Terri Schiavo case as we respond to the following questions.
I’ll guide us through. We will discuss the questions as a group, starting with the first question:
- What is the ethical dilemma(s) presented in this case?
- Who are the stakeholders in this situation? Remember to consider individuals, families, communities, and organizations in your answer.
- Which ethical principles might apply? How? Be sure to identify the principle, define it, and then explain how it would apply.
- What would your recommendations be for handling this situation? Does your response differ from the actual outcome in this case? Base your response, at least in part, on the ethical principles.