California State University Fresno Developing Servanthood Discussion
- February 01, 2022/ Homework Tutors
Select and research a contemporary political, social, religious, or business leader to learn about how this leader or organization employs Greenleaf’s principles of servant leadership to motivate, influence, and lead others.
If you need assistance identifying potential leaders, you may use the “Individual and Corporate Servant Leaders” handout.
Write a 500-750-word paper that addresses the following components:
- Summary of the principles of servant leadership employed by the leader to motivate, inspire, and lead others;
- Specific examples to illustrate the leader’s application of servant leadership principles;
- Information about the unique way the leader exerts influence and inspires followership; and
- Discussion of what would you seek to emulate or see more of in your own organization from both the people who lead you and the leadership you provide to others.
Use a minimum three resources to strengthen and support your claims. Each section of your essay should use in text citations.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
****You will be graded on (Rubric):
1. Principles of Servant Leadership: Principles of servant leadership employed by the leader to motivate, inspire, and lead others include a thorough and insightful explanation and supporting citations.
2. Examples Illustrating Application of Servant Leadership Principles: Examples illustrating the application of servant leadership principles are thoroughly explained with insightful details and supporting citations.
3. Inspiring Followership: The unique way the leader inspires followership is thoroughly explained with insightful details and supporting citations.
4. Qualities to Emulate: Leadership qualities to emulate includes a thorough explanation for personal application and supporting citations.
5. Thesis Development and Purpose: Thesis is comprehensive and contains the essence of the paper. Thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear.
6. Argument Logic and Construction: Clear and convincing argument that presents a persuasive claim in a distinctive and compelling manner. All sources are authoritative.
7. Mechanics of Writing (includes spelling, punctuation, grammar, and language use): The writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English.
8. Documentation of Sources (citations, footnotes, references, bibliography, etc., as appropriate to assignment and style): Documentation of Sources (citations, footnotes, references, bibliography, etc., as appropriate to assignment and style).